Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 1 Observations

Water source :Carter Mill Park at spring source, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. Tennessee Partial shade exposure N36 01.168 W83 42.832 940 ft 10/9/2011 ( McFarland)

My Microaquarium !

Observed Thursday, October, 25, 2012
So this week there were a lot more organisms than last week, but still not alot. Things were looking more lively, but some of the water had been depleted.

First I observed quite a few organisms that were too small to identify. There were two kinds i kept spotting: long skinning worm like ones, and small black dots running around. The long skinny ones might possibly be bactiera.

Heres is the organisms observed that were large enough to identify and were photogenic, except the Cyclidium sp. , it didnt want its picture taken.

Here's the booger that wouldn't stay still for a picture lol. Why? as his name suggests, he spins around and around in a circluar motion. I saw a couple of organisms like him.
(Patterson)
 
I think this next organism is the coolest one I observed.
(Patterson)
 
This organism is single celled. He sucks water and other objects into that wide top using two perpellers. Large items hit the perpellers and bounce off in peices. I saw about a dozen of these in my microaquarium. I will have a video up soon.
 
 
 
The next organism is very interesting. I only observed two of them, both pictured below, but one has just eaten something. It's pretty fascinating.

 

(Patterson)
The one below has eaten something
(Patterson)
 
(Patterson)
 
This next organism is pretty cool. It's flagella whips in a circular motion that propels the organism.I only found two of these
(Patterson)
Here is some of the stuff that was too small to identify. I think it's bactiera. I saw alot of it.
 
Excited to see next weeks :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment