Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 3 Observations

November 8, 2012 I went and observed my Microaquarium. A food pellet was added that morning before my observations.

FOOD PELLET INFORMATION:"Atison's Betta Food" made by Ocean Nutrition, Aqua Pet Americas, 3528 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Ingredients: Fish meal, wheat flower, soy meal, krill meal, minerals, vitamins and preservatives. Analysis: Crude Protein 36%; Crude fat 4.5%; Crude Fiber 3.5%; Moisture 8% and Ash 15%.(McFarland)

So there were alot more organisms this week than last, in  variety and in number. I also began to observe different algea. I found some new organisms this week too, and here is their photographs.
(Pennak 1989)

(Forest 1954)
One of the algea found in the glass. He and his algea friends seemed to be plentyful, which is odd because I didnt see a single on last week. They move around, but this particular one wasnt moving very fast.
(Pennak 1989)
He is kind of cute. He moves like a little tiny spider, and I saw a handful of others like him in the glass.
(Forest 1954)
These particular euglena were in one big blob together (last photograph) along with other organisms. They are some of my new found algea friends, and there seems to be lots of them. This particular blob of the was found in the bottom left of the tank, but I found some scattered throughout.
(Forest 1954)
(Patterson 2003)
Lots and lots of these swimming everywhere, and kind of in little groups. They seem unicellular and there is plenty of them.

I also observed alot of other organisms that images' have been previously posted. I saw about four copapods, an epistylelis, a cyclops, about thirty rotifers, several pinnularia near the left bottom of glass, several tiny organisms about, One big group of euglena as well as some scattered about, several  trachelomas in one area close to the bottom left of the glass, a nematode, a meridion, five vorticellas, and a healthy amount of colpidium and other small organisms.Most of the life was in the bottom left of the glass, but there was still organisms spread about. Alot of the smaller ones grouped together.

No comments:

Post a Comment